Getting ready for baby...

Here are some "before" shots of the nursery. This is the bed I most recently made, a twin for Gretchen's room. It was pretty cheap, just a few douglas fir boards. I made it pretty sturdy and taught myself how to do these fancy holes!! I made it when I was about 6 months pregnant, so I had to put it up on cement blocks to paint it and work on it because it was too hard to bend down.




 I am pretty proud of it. The color was random, off-the-shelf spray paint in chartreuse. I love it though, it goes with her bohemian, colorful nursery just fine. We use it mostly as our changing table for now, and have since moved her crib into our room. But one day she will use this bed!! It also got a lot of use while in the late stages of my pregnancy; snoring and moving around like a beached whale and not wanting to wake my husband up. It was pretty nice to have my own bed for times like that!
The closet system in place. Pretty easy, just pine boards in a ladder shape, then a board across the top with two areas for hanging clothes. We also had to figure out what to do with the modem and mess of cords.. the cable came into the room from outside, but I didn't want to be nuking baby's head all night with all that, so we drilled through the wall in the closet and moved the electronics to the office area on the other side of the wall. Benefit of owning a house! 
 Here is my cup demonstration. A friend had told me that I would be ready to pop when I could balance a cup on my belly.
 Here is the hubby re-routing the cable up and around the inside of the closet so we could get it out of the nursery. This happened the night before I went into labor!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New name?

Sad little wall.

Tales of an unemployed journalist