Finished nursery!

Well, in this last year and a half of non-blogging, I had a baby! She is the coolest, most unexpected gift ever. We were not "trying" but I got really lazy with my pseudo-natural family planning method. Oops. I remember saying quite frequently though, that if kids were going to happen then it would have to be by mistake because I could never make that decision! Anyway, Gretchen made her way into our lives in March, and we couldn't be happier.

I wanted to show off her nursery which I had done by the time I was about 6 months pregnant. It was the office/guest room before, and we just started collecting things.

Before the shower, people would ask what color the nursery is, but I have to say it's rainbow. The walls are brown, which I love, and there is some of every color in there, including a chartreuse twin bed, made by yours truly.



We re-used many of the things from our house, like the red oriental rug that belonged to my mom, and the oak dresser, also from her. The rocking chair was from my childhood, it got a coat of red paint for the baby. The nursery was really fun to decorate... I loved recycling things, like the bird hangings that had been part of my decor since my early 20s.


 My husband and I made shelves in the closet from pine boards bought from the store. It was pretty easy. I made the shelves after seeing the idea on Pinterest. They are a bit too narrow though...books tend to fall off during the night. The wall hanging over the crib was a gift from my grandmother, she made it as an engagement present for me and my husband. We met in Baja, so the cactus are fitting. It has finally found a home in here!




I love being in the room, and would often hang out in it before the baby was born, trying to bring some good energy to it. I think it worked, because she sleeps like a champ, and the rest of the time is a pretty happy baby!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New name?

Sad little wall.

Tales of an unemployed journalist