Don't drink and dye

This was a bad idea...

Bad idea....tea-dyed blanket
White is not so good at my house. It doesn't stay clean for very long, and in the case of this nice white blanket, I'm just not into bleaching it weekly. So, since my debit card was recently hacked and I can't get to any money until my new card comes in the mail, I decided  to try this tea-dyed technique I read about on the internet.

I started by brewing several pots of black tea I had leftover from a random trip to Chinatown in Chicago 3 years ago. I also poured some coffee grounds into the mix, some hot water, salt, and maybe some vinegar. I kept it in the "bath" overnight, and expected greatness when I pulled it out and hung it on the deck rail the next day.

I thought it would be a lovely rust-batik, or something. Brandon saw it hanging there and laughed. He asked if I'd been drinking. I do remember having a couple glasses of wine before I started this project. Wine + home improvement = dirty coffee/tea/blanket. Next step: buy some real dye and do it right!

Tea bath

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New name?

Sad little wall.

Tales of an unemployed journalist