Burning Man 2011






This was the 4th Burning Man for me, and I have to say it made the top three! Something about how it all came together this year made every moment fly by and made me wish I was back out there again the very next week. We went with new people, were in charge of staking out a camp, and we came prepared with a trailer; I washed my hands for the first time at Burning Man this year!!

I was warned that as you attend more and more B-man's, the sparkle kind of wears away and it becomes something different each time. The first couple times you are SO overwhelmed by the art, the people and the things to do that your head just spins for the entire year after, and your memory is shinier than the actual event.

I'm kind of glad I'm over that phase... my mind has been blown, I've picked up the pieces, and can enjoy it for what it is. This year I camped with virgins-- and was somehow the expert on all things Burning Man! We made time to explore things during the day and through the night.

Next year I plan to volunteer, perhaps as a greeter, and then work in the medical tent for a shift. I feel like I can finally tear myself away from oogling everything to give back to the community. We volunteered for Camp Arctica a couple of times, which is the only cool place out there as it is an ice tent.

I can't wait to hear everyone's stories... I am laid up with a nasty cold and haven't made it back to work yet. I am sure it's from B-man, sharing cups, playing in the dirt, etc. Next year: One cup, one cup only!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New name?

Sad little wall.

Tales of an unemployed journalist