Did I forget to mention?

















I got married to my hunney! Stopped blogging for a couple years it seems... missed some important details. Brandon ended up coming with me to Kentucky for nursing school. Of course he waited until the last possible minute to decide, but he came! He asked me to marry him during the second semester, right before the second huge Med/Surg test. I was a little distracted, and only got a B.

When we got to Nevada, we got hitched at the Justice of the Peace with both sets of parents there by our sides. We'd imagined eloping, but the parents wouldn't have it and drove in from out of state! Looking back I am so glad they did. If the situation were a little different, I'd have loved to throw a big party. But times were tough then. We were so broke, and lived in this ucky little apartment. We just wanted to be hitched, none of the fluffy stuff mattered. We had a cake from Trader Joes and BBQed burgers on a grill outside the apartment after the wedding. I had (stupidly) worked the night before, so got home at 7:30 and slept for 3 hours. I was a little goofy.

The next day all of us, including a brother from each side and their s/o's all met in San Francisco for a ride on the Adventure Cat in SF Bay. It's an awesome catamaran that is owned by family friends. They built the boat themselves, and have done such good business over the years that they have other people to run their charters from Pier 39. It was a gorgeous, sunny day in the bay, and no one got seasick! We picked the boat ride for a few reasons. I'm from the area, and have always been fascinated with the city. Brandon and I MET on a boat, over the Sea of Cortez in Mexico. (Well that was a ferry boat, but anyway, a boat seemed appropriate.) Also my dad and my friend Erin and I have all swam the Shark Fest, an annual 1.5 mile race from Alcatraz to Aquatic Park. I always like being out on the bay and feeling its power. Nothing quite compares to swimming through it though!

Anyhoo, we had our 1 year anniversary in September! Oh, and the picture of us was taken in Louisville. We were playing Frisbee at the downtown park on a rare day off.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New name?

Sad little wall.

Tales of an unemployed journalist